Saturday, February 11, 2006

Off to a good start


As you can see, I've got off to a fairly good start with my Knitting Olympic challenge. I absolutely love knitting with the Lorna's laces Lion and Lamb. It feels lovely to knit with and the colours seem to flow.
I haven't got any stitching or knitting done today as I went with my mum and two aunts to Edinburgh for an open day at the Scottish family records office. Two of my aunts are researching the family tree and they got loads of information. I want to try and research my Dad's family tree as he knows little of his background as my Gran wouldn't talk about her childhood in Ireland or any other family history. I've manage to find a few details today and I"ve now got to wait for a certificate coming from London.
The day nearly had a diasterous start. I popped into a fast food place to buy some coffee on the way to Edinburgh and when I picked up the cup, the lid popped off pouring hot black coffee on to my hand. I got some ice from the fast food guy whose main concern was giving me more coffee. Obviously my hand was more of a worry to me. When I spoke to the manager, he seemed surprised that a plain paper cup without any holder might fall to bits when its filled with very hot liquid. Grrrrr. My hand is a little sore still but it doesn't look like any lasting damage has been caused.

On a last note, thanks everyone who has commented here recently. I'm not the most chatty stitcher on the internet and in real life, I'm a very shy person who takes a lot of time to get to know people. Your comments are very much appreciated.

No comments: