Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Busy week

Spare time has been a little short around here. I had planned to post last week but various things got in the way.

I've got a stitching finish to share - A bunny's fill by Shepherds bush. I finished this last week.


I've been knitting a bit too - I finished my Lorna's laces Black watch socks (picture to follow) and I've nearly finish other sock which will complete a pair. I have bought a few balls of sock wool on ebay also so I'd better get knitting. The new issue of Knitty is online and I've seen quite a few thing on that I would like to knit. Knitty is where the fingerless glove pattern came from. Stupid blogger won't let this poor safari user post a clickable link but knitty can be found at www.knitty.com

This past week has gone by in a flash. I worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night. I met my sister for breakfast on Thursday morning. When I got back home, my slight toothache got much worse and my gum had swollen so I had to go to the dentist. I've got an abscess which needed antibiotics and I need to go back for a long appointment at the start of October to have a root canal. Not looking forward to that. By the time I got home, I had been up for 24 hours so I crashed out of the sofa and woke up 7 hours later.
Friday morning, my boss woke me up with a phone call at 9am to ask if I could change my shifts from Monday/Tuesday to Saturday/Sunday because someone at work had a family bereavement. I agreed, mainly because I was half asleep. After working all day Saturday/Sunday, I slept most of the day yesterday and tried to catch up with housework.

Tomorrow, I'm back to work for one day only and then I'm off until the 12th of October !!. I leave this Monday for the USA. I've got a few more things to get and most of my packing to do but for now its time for bed.

No comments: