Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Christmas

Several things have kept me from posting lately. They can easily be summed up in three words - teeth, snow and work. Work has been very busy with training someone new. Ongoing problems with one tooth has meant 6 separate dental appointment, 2 different dentists and 2 days in bed very unwell. Thankfully things seem to be settling now and I have a dentist I can trust.

As for the third thing, snow. Well this has mostly been the view out of my window for the past few weeks. Britain has had a very severe winter so far. The snow is a little less deep now but its been very cold where I live - the high most days is around -7 C and its been falling to -12 C and lower at night.



I will leave you with some pictures of wintery Paisley. Firstly the view of Paisley Abbey this afternoon as the sun went down.



And a picture of the old mill building at the end of my street. The river is only partly frozen today but earlier in the week it was completely frozen over. I was hoping to catch site of the otter that has made its home in the river of late but no luck.



Finally I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Sorry to hear about your tooth problems, hope things will settle down. So far out winter has been VERY mild (no snow) and that has made me VERY happy. Merry Christmas.

Kathleen said...

Happy Christmas and I hope all your dental problems are behind you. x K

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too Paula - hope you had a lovely day and those tooth problems are settling down! Hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you :)

KarenV said...

Hope your tooth is completely healed soon Paula, that sounds very nasty. Hope you had a lovely Christmas, thank you for the card!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Blog.. wonder if this might be of some interest here are some excellent Paisley Photographs of the Paisley Abbey Medieval Festival which took place on September 15th 2012. www.paisley.org.uk 

MysteryKnitter said...

I wish your dental problems will be gone soon.