Thursday, May 27, 2010

Race for life, now with prizes

As I've mentioned before, I'm taking part in the Cancer Research Race for life 5 km this year. The date is now approaching really rapidly - 6th June.

In order to try and raise the maximum amount of sponsorship, I've come up with a few prizes for anyone who donates. Donations both large and small are welcome but unfortunately due to the rules surrounding Gift Aid for UK taxpayers, you can't gift aid a donation if you wish to be entered for the draw. I'm willing to post prizes to anywhere in the world also.

I contacted the designer of Ishbel shawl, Ysolda Teague and she has very graciously allowed me to use the pattern to knit a shawl as a prize. The yarn I've used is Malabrigo sock in Tizano red. I would have liked to keep this for myself but I can always knit another.

Ishbel

Ishbel close up 2

Another prize I have to offer is for anyone who would like a pair of hand knitted socks but lacks the ability to knit them for themselves. I will knit the winner a pair of socks in a colour they would like and to fit their feet or perhaps you would like a pair of socks for someone else.

For those who prefer to knit for themselves, I have some yarn based prizes also. The lovely Lilith of Old Maiden Aunt yarns has donated a voucher for her lovely yarn store for the amazing amount of £50.

Another friend has donated some lovely Rowan Summer Tweed.

Summer tweed

There are a couple of more prizes to come - beaded bracelet and watch and some lacy fingerless mitts. I should get details of them posted over the weekend.

If you would like to donate, the link is in my sidebar. The draw is open to anyone who donates, subject to the rule about gift aid. If you donate and want to enter for the draw for a prize, either add a comment to your donation, leave a comment here or email me at paularaceforlife at me dot com (replacing the at and dot for the appropriate symbols)

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I donated! Yay, go you! :D
E x

Karen said...

Thanks so much for doing this! I lost my mom to ovarian cancer, so this is very dear to my heart.

I'm a knitter (found you on OMA forum of Ravelry) - I'd love to be part of the prize drawing... :)

Karen

MysteryKnitter said...

How pretty things you have made!