Sunday, August 18, 2013

What's going on

The past month or so has gone pretty quickly.  We've had some actual summer weather which was fantastic and life is continuing on as before.

The Paisley 1930s panel is completed and we are just waiting for the exhibition at the Scottish Parliament next month.   

The final panel looked this.



I'm really looking forward to seeing it all together in one place.

The past few weeks have brought some challenges too. My ongoing hand issues have turned into something a little more serious and just over 4 weeks ago, I was found to have a prolapsed disc in my spine.  Thankfully no surgery is required but the cure is time, rest including no exercise and painkillers.  I'm a fairly recent convert to the whole gym/exercise thing but the not being able to go the gym is some thing I'm finding tough, largely because it worsens my insomnia. Things are gradually improving and I'm hoping to be back at the gym in about 4-6 weeks.

3 comments:

stitchersanon said...

The panel is gorgeous. Very impressive. Can you do some gentle swimming? I know I would be lost without my walking and running xx hope you get better soon

Karoline said...

The panel is looking stunning {{{hugs}}}

MysteryKnitter said...

I am sad for you. I hope it won't get worse. Your insomnia, that is.