Saturday, July 22, 2006

Back

I tried to think of a witty title for this entry but I'm all out. Its been unusually warm here this week - up to 32 degrees and I think my brain is fried. The sun is lovely but air conditioning isn't really that common here so work is very uncomfortable. Work is horrid for other reasons and on Monday, I felt like leaving work and never going back I was back there today and it was a good bit better plus I got news of a fairly good pay rises so it doesn't seem so bad.

Stitching wise, I haven't really done much. I decided to tidy my stash a bit. I found 5 more started WIPs, each with only a little down. I also seem to have a huge amount of stuff thats waiting to be framed or made into something. Inspired by Terry and Shannon discussing their waiting to be finished off piles, I decided to have a Friday finishing day and here are the results.





I'm still trying to get to grips with my sewing machine so the seams aren't the straightest but on the whole, I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.

The stitching GTG at Kate's was fantastic. We had a great day followed by another great day at Bakewell. Its great to spend time with people who understand your need to stitch and appreciate your point of view. I saw some beautiful stitching and laughed so much. The strangest moment was the GTG stopping so that the remaining people could watch the last in the series of Doctor Who.

No comments: