Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 crafty progress and 2009 plans

First up, happy new year everyone. I'm hoping that 2009 is going to be a better year for me and those around me that have had a trying year. For myself, my main hope is for a new job in an area that I will enjoy working in. I'd also like to stay healthy and relatively pain free.

With the change of year, I've been going over my knitting and stitching progress for 2008.

At the start of 2008, I had 38 stitching projects in progress and as of the end of 2008, I had 36 projects. During the year, I started 30 projects and finished 32 projects. Only 5 of the finishes were of projects that were in progress at the start of 2008.

Projects in progress at the end of 2008.

1. TW The storyteller
2. TW The ministrel
3. TW Paisley corner
4. TW Night
5. Mirabilia Autumn Queen
6. Dimples Le Epoch Nouveau
7. Pinn Chinese Goddess of Mercy
8. Just Nan Barnabee's quest
9. Lizzie Kate Needle Nick
10. Jungle babies birth sampler
11. Balinese dancer
12. Merry stitches stocking
13. Newton's law The future's so bright
14. Geisha Bride
15. Quilt afghan
16. Chatelaine Mystery 8
17. Chatelaine Egypt garden
18. Mirabilia Fairy roses
19. Country companions Tom mouse
20. Star trek trio
21. Chatelaine Japanese garden
22. Chatelaine Christmas mystery 3
23. Chatelaine Japanese Octagon box
24. TW Castles by the sea
25. Mirabilia Winter in my garden
26. Amy Mitten Such an undertaking
27. R &R reproductions A Witches pocket
28. Noah's submarine
29. Britty Christmas puppy
30. Mirabilia Enchanted dreamer
31. Margaret Sherry Trimming the tree
32. Pine tree hill
33. Lizzie Kate Thanksgiving flipit
34. LHN Capaccino
35. Shepherd's bush Spooky spot
36. Shepherd's bush Elizabeth's stocking.

Out of these 36, I've decided not to continue stitching on 4 projects for various reasons/

1. Jungle babies birth sampler
2. Merry stitches stocking
3. Newton's law the future's so bright
4. Star trek trio.

That leaves me with 32 WIPs at the start of this year. I'd really like to get at least 5 of these projects finished in the coming year. For the past year I really haven't stitched as much as I have done in the past but in this coming year, I'm going to make a concerted effort to stitch more.

Knitting wise, 2008 was a really good year. I finished 44 projects.

This breaks down as

7 pairs of fingerless mitts (Fetchings and Cranford mitts)
4 Adipose stuffed toys
18 pairs of Adult sized socks
2 pairs of baby socks
2 Scarves (1 clapotis and 1 Bertie scarf)
4 adult sized hats
2 baby sized hats
1 baby cardigans
4 adult sized garments (Neaty, Tomato, Anise and Matilda Jane)

I'm really pleased with what I've managed to knit this year. For the coming year, I'd like to knit more adult sized garments for me.

At the start of 2008, I've got 11 knitting WIPs

1. Central park hoodie
2. Andi Messenger bag
3. Twister socks
4. Kid classic cranford mitts
5. Panda Soy monkey socks
6. Shur'tagal socks
7. Blue February lady sweater
8. Little pumpkin socks
9. Bamboo two at a time socks
10. Jungle stripe socks
11. One skein gloves

I should get all of these finished this year. Only the Central park hoodie, the messenger bag and the twister socks were in progress at the start of 2008.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Quote
"At the start of 2008, I had 38 stitching projects in progress and as of the end of 2008, I had 36 projects. During the year, I started 30 projects and finished 32 projects. Only 5 of the finishes were of projects that were in progress at the start of 2008."

LOL.This sounds like the maths problems I used to get at school!!!

Happy new year and enjoy your stitching. Fingers crossed your hopes for 2009 are realised. x K

Anonymous said...

You accomplished a lot last year Paula - good luck for 2009!

Elaine said...

Happy new year! :D

Holy cow that's a lot of wips *feeling much better now* hee-hee!

Happy knitting and stitching for 2009!

tintocktap said...

You've achieved a lot in 2008 - good luck with your plans for 2009! Somehow I'm not quite so brave as to have so many WIPs - I'd spend far too much time feeling guilty and worrying about when I was going to work on on them! Instead, I just have a huge (and constantly growing) stash of charts and kits I really want to stitch.