Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Socks and stitching

One of my favourite things of the year is the weekend GTG that I'm going to in a couple of weeks. A long weekend in a lovely group of cottages on a farm with lots of stitchers and crafters who I've known for quite a few years now. Last year, the owner of the farm sounded us all out about making a wall hanging for her farm in return for a discount on this year's visit. Different people are doing different bits of it - Kate of Sparklies has designed the cross stitch section for instance and Joy has been organising us all plus putting it all together along with several others. I've stitched a small section and I really can't wait to see it all put together.

Wildflowers

Flowers aren't my usual thing but I volunteered to stitch the french knots as I really like stitching them and most people aren't too keen. My stitching motivation still isn't too great so it took me a lot longer to stitch this than it should have.


Knitting motivation is still going strong however. I've finished my Kai-mei socks from the last post. The pattern is by Cookie A, who is definitely my favourite sock pattern designer. She writes such lovely patterns. The yarn is Malabrigo sock in Lettuce and its even greener in real life.

kai mei finished pic 2

I've also made some progress on my Socktopus March sock club socks. The first sock is done and I've moved on to the second.

Over the garden wall sock 1

I quite like the embellishments even though its not particularly practical. Hopefully I shall finish the second one this weekend.

Next week brings the first week of two weeks off work which I'm really looking forward to. I'm hoping for lots of stitching, knitting and crafting plus there is the GTG and lots of things to do around the house.

8 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Lovley socks...I have always wanted to try too knit my own but have never dared!

Flavaknits said...

Love the Kai Mei - want to knit those soon!
Mx

Joy said...

Paula, your stitching is beautiful.

And I love the embellished "Over the Garden Wall" sock - time for me to to stop being a wimp I think.

craftylady said...

Hi PJ,

Your stitching's beautiful. Will we get a shot of the finished wall hanging?

Sock knitting's looking good too. I hope you enjoy your holiday and come back all refreshed.

Probably Jane said...

Can't wait to see what the completed wall hanging looks like - beautiful I have no doubt.Have a wonderful time away with your friends.

You put me to shame with your socks.I have a Kai-Mei and a half on the neeles and I haven't even started the Over the Garden Wall. Am still dithering over the embellishments...

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope you enjoy your stitching weekend and come away inspried! I always do! What a lovely flower block.

Great socks! That last one is a little crazy!

Kalu V said...

the socks look great! i still dont get how you guys manage to do them! i dont get it lol
The flowers look so pretty too ...

MysteryKnitter said...

You sure can knit socks.