Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Socks and a little hitch

The knitting still continues. At the weekend, I finished a pair of very pink and fluffy socks for my sister.

Bagpuss socks


Unfortunately on Sunday, something else happened.



I managed to fall off my computer chair after it over balanced. I didn't think I had done any damage until my hand got painful on Monday and I started having problems using it. The Doctor I saw doesn't think I have a fracture, just some soft tissue damage. The splint is to stay on until the weekend. If it hasn't settled, I might need a MRI to check for a fracture in a tiny bone at the base of the thumb which can't be seen on X ray. I'm really hoping its going to be okay as not being able to use my right hand is really tricky as I'm right handed plus I'm off sick from work. Plus there is the small matter of not being able to stitch. I can still knit in very short bursts but trying not to do much to make sure I give things the best chance to heal. There is also the whole challenge of getting dressed, cooking, etc with one hand.

4 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh no! I hope its just soft tissue!

Great warm-looking socks!

KarenV said...

Ouch! Sorry about your hand Paula, I hope there isn't a broken bone. Get well soon.

Lucy said...

I would be going bonkers....hope it heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your wrist isn't fractured! Hope it continues to heal swiftly. Thankfully you've been able to knit to help save your sanity! :D