Friday, December 30, 2005

The new year is coming

I can't quite believe this year is nearly done. It seems like yesterday that I was toasting my first new year in my new flat. Christmas has now been and gone and I don't have to go back to work until the 3rd of January. Scotland pretty much still grinds to a halt at new year - no buses or shops open on the first of January. January 2nd is also a bank holiday up here so nothing will get back to normal until the Wednsday as Tuesday will be a holiday inlieu of Sunday being new years day. I'm not very fond of new year so I plan to make myself a nice meal on the 31st and then see the bells in at midnight with my stitching in my hands.
Speaking of stitching. I managed to get Christmas mystery 1 framed in time for Christmas. I'm hoping to get some more finishing done before I get back to work. I have decided to start something new on the 1st inspite of the huge amount of stuff I have already got in progress. They don't call it guilt free January for nothing.

No comments: