Saturday, February 18, 2006

And that makes a pair


I should be knitting my clapotis I know but the second sock was close to being done plus I needed a small project to take to work as I've got night shifts this week. Sock knitting is, I suspect, going to take up a lot of my knitting time in the future. Before I started the first sock, I was very wary of double pointed needles and knitting in the round. Now I'm not really sure why I was so worried about it - it just clicked once I started. Plus now I've worn these socks for the first time and they are the most comfortable and warm socks I have worn.
My Chatelaine Olympic stitching goals are going fairly well too. I have 12 goals in total which are mostly parts of Mysteries and online projects. So far I've finished parts 3 and 4 of Mystery 8. I've also almost finished part 9 of Taj Mahal garden. I really want to get some of my current Chatelaine projects because I want to start more lol. I want to stitch the Japanese Octogon box project. My bedroom is Oriental style things and the box would go perfectly with it. I plan to hang Taj Mahal garden and Japanese garden in there too once they are done.
This weekend is pretty much a bust for me. I'm working Saturday and Sunday night so most of the weekend will be sleeping and working. On Sunday night, the other nurse I am working with is extremely annoying. On a plus note, this will be the last time I have to work with him as he is leaving to go to a new job. The worse of it is that he is a nice person who would go out of his way to help you but after more than an hour or so of working with him, I just want to run away. Unfortunately I can't do that and the shift lasts 12 hours. So I'm hoping for either a busy night with the patients needing things done or if its not so busy, I will distract myself with sock knitting or stitching.

No comments: