Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A new month

I'm so glad January is over. I find this time of year so hard as its dark so much of the time and some days, you need to have the lights on all the time so you can see. At least the days are getting longer.
I finished a couple more things in time for the end of January and they are even framed. The first one is Dear Santa, I can explain by Lizzie Kate. I start it before Christmas but didn't manage to finish it in time. I'm looking at it as an early finish for next Christmas. The second one was a design by the Sweetheart company called the Perfect man. I bought both these designs at the Harrogate stitching show in November along with the frames. The gingerbread man one was slightly damaged so I got a good deal on it and a little paint and glue later, it was sorted.
I also finished my Valentine's exchange piece from the SBEB and used a new finishing technique, which worked well. I can't share any pictures yet as it hasn't reached its destination.

On the exchange front, I received my SBEB Valentine's exchange this morning from Cindy. Its an absolutely gorgeous stitching topped box and I also got some lovely evenweave, cotton fabrics and threads with it. Oh and thistle heart design chart too. I really love these exchanges. I've received such beautiful things from such lovely, talented and friendly stitchers and had lots of fun making and sending things to others.


No comments: