Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Stitching the days away

The weathers been pretty horrid the past few weeks here so I've been spending a lot of time in the house stitching. The weekend after my last post, we had about 5-6 inches of snow in one day which is a lot for here. Its supposed to be spring but its still very cold here.
So I've bee doing a bit of stitching and framing. I"ve been working on Taj Mahal garden which isn't quite done so no picture yet. I have finished a new kit that I bought at the Glasgow stitching show (which was so much better than I expected). Its called Love letters and is designed by Shepherds bush

I then finished Be true which is also by Shepherds bush and is part of their current Be Attitudes series. I'm on an automatic for these and I've chosen to get the fabrics with them to make into cushions. I'm going to try to make them inot cushions myself which I've never done before so that should be fun.

And finally I finished Yummy by Waxing Moon. I got this design in November and I manage to find the matching frame at the Glasgow show.

Last night, I was in a framing mood. After I put the waxing moon design in its frame, I then framed Fa La la by Shepherds bush and the 1996 Mirabilia cherub



I'm pretty pleased with my progress last week. I had been feeling like I was having a mini slump in my stitching and knitting was taking over a bit. Over the past two weeks, I've really been enjoying all of the stitching I've done and got really back into it again. In the next few months, I'd like to get my to be framed/finished pile down a bit. I have around 30 or so finished pieces of stitching that are just waiting and some have been waiting for 3 years or more.
Tomorrow I have to go back to work which I am not looking forward to. Work has been truly awful recently for a variety of reasons. Hopefully it will be better this week.

No comments: