Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Stitching progress and other stuff

Not sure where the time is going at the moment. I can't even blame work as I'm coming to the end of 2 weeks holiday. The weathers been pretty cold so I've been spending a lot of time indoors, watching DVDs, stitching and knitting.
I'm very proud to show off my two medals. The silver one is because I achieved two of the stitching goals that I set myself during the recent Chatelaine stitching BB Olympic event organised by the lovely Holley.

The gold medal is because I completed the Clapotis that I had challenged myself to knit during the recent knitting Olympics organised by the very wonderful Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka the Yarn Harlot. I should explain that Clapotis is a scarf/shawl which is a free pattern from the wonderful Knitty site. The picture of Clapotis that I shared in my last post isn't very clear as to what it was as I don't have a handy person to model it or take a photo of me modelling it.

I also have more stitching and knitting progress to share. First up is this month's first happy dance - Orchid Cottage designed by Orna Willis. Its stitched using a variety of thread gatherer fibres on small count canvas. Orna Willis's needlepoint designs are fabulous but fairly expensive to stitch. I bought the fibres for the project at Harrogate last year from Wes end embroidery and they give you the chart for free. One day I will stitch one of Orna Willis's bigger projects.

I've also been stitching a lot on Taj Mahal Garden. This Chatelaine project has been a bit neglected over the past few months. I started stitching it when the class had been going for about 6 months so I was already behind and then Martina kept releasing more and more lovely projects. I want to get this finished in the next week as the Japanses Octogon box class has just started and I want to get it finished before my supplies for that class get here as I know I won't be able to resist starting it when they arrive.

And finally, I've finished another pair of socks. These ones are in Lorna's laces shepherds sock yarn in the colour Valentine. They are even more comfy than the last pair. And Jenna, I do wear them with my nurses uniform which is a not so delightful powder blue colour.


Tomorrow I'm off to the Creative stitches/Hobbycraft show in Glasgow. I don't have particularly high expectations for the stitching stalls at the show as stitching is going through a slump over here at present but I know the paper craft andf knitting stalls will be good. On Friday, I've got a busy day too as I'm going to Edinburgh with two of Aunts to research my materal family tree and try to get some information for my Dad's family tree which will be much harder to look into as we have much less to go on.

No comments: