Friday, January 01, 2010

2009 crafty summary and 2010 plans

Well I guess that is 2009 over. In 2009, I've not managed as much knitting and stitching progress as I thought I would. I am, however, quite pleased with what I've achieved.

Knitting wise, I finished 29 things.

2009 Finishes

At the end of the year, I was left with 14 knitting WIPs which is really quite a lot. On a slightly better note, only 3 of those WIPs were started before the start of 2009. Quite a few of the WIPs are nearly done so hopefully 2010 will see some early finishes.

Stitching wise, I didn't do well at all. I started 2009 in a bit of a stitching slump which has continue for most of 2009. although I've been stitching more in the past 6 months. I managed 16 finishes of mostly small things. This has left me with 37 stitching WIPs, 30 of which were started before 2009.

Stitching finishes 2009

My plans for 2010 are fairly simple. I want to enjoy my knitting and stitching. Ideally I want to get the number of WIPs down a bit. 2010 is going to be a year of stash reduction for me. I have a lot of yarn and stitching materials and I would like to reduce the size of the stash. However I'm pretty realistic about my will power so the plan is to make sure that I use more yarn and stitching supplies than I buy.

8 comments:

karenv said...

You've completed some lovely projects Paula, congratulations! Good luck with your stash reduction goals this year.

Kathleen said...

It looks absolutely brilliant to see all your finished objects together, what great collages.
You've done really well in 2009.
Wishing you a very happy 2010. x K

Anonymous said...

You have some lovely finishes there :D Good luck with your stash reduction in 2010 - hope it is a year filled with wondrous delights in every sense of the word! Glad to hear the new job is going well, and hopefully your brain has stopped frying ;P

glamlawlib said...

Some lovely knitting and stitching there, looks like lots to me :)

All the best for 2010 and your stash reduction goals.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Juanita said...

I think you did quite well in 2009! You had some lovley finishes.

Sonda said...

I enjoy seeing your knitting finishes as much as your stitching finishes...and since I'm not tempted to buy knitting patterns, it's probably safer for me on your blog than on others. :) Happy 2010!

Andrea said...

I have similar goals this year, I'm trying not to start anything new till I'm down to 5 WIP's. Can't wait to see some of your finishes.