Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Socks, Socks, Socks

This month has been Sockoctoberfest in knitting blogland. Lots of bloggers have knitting lots of socks. This month, I managed to finish the stripy socks in the last post and that is it.
The picture below shows the 9 socks I have cast on at present. How the heck did that happen lol.



Only one of these is the second sock of a pair - the one on the top left, which is knitted in the Broadripple pattern from the marvelous online magazine, Knitty. I cast on two new socks this month which were - Hedera, the purple lacy ones on the top right and are kntted in some 4ply soft that Seahorse Claire gave me earlier this year and the bottom right ones which are in Opal 6ply in Ladybird.

I also have a fair large stash of sock yarn which is waiting to be knitted up too. Considering I only learnt to knit sock this time last year, I think I may be a little obsessed with it. Incidentally, if you are reading this Shannon, I taught myself to knit sock via a pattern and some knitting forum post so I am sure you could learn. I even have a pattern you could have - drop me a message via yuku/ezboard with your mailing address and I'll send it to you. I have to spread the insanity of sock knitting lol.

As I mentioned before, I finished this month's Essy's friend project as soon as it got here. I finally got a picture of it uploaded.



I've had to turn on word verification on in comments because of a weird comment spam which was posted here and at a wordpress blog of the same name as this one that I don't post at anymore. If that person is still reading, I'm Scots not Irish and I'm not oppressed in the slightest. I also have the IP of where you posted from at wordpress.

No comments: